Our modern lives are another contributing factor, from sedentary desk jobs through to strenuous work or activities and heavy workouts often leading to back strain and sometimes back ache that may be ongoing.
A good back massage will usually be helpful for backache, helps alleviate pain and improves back mobility. And is a good idea anyway if nothing more than for its soothing and healing properties.
Here are some of the benefits of a good back massage:
- Lower back pain is very common nowadays with long hours spent at a desk, a particularly rigorous workout or due to incorrect posture. The back muscles tend to become tense and a good back massage is exactly the therapy you need to reduce this muscle tension and alleviate any aches and pain.
- Back massage includes neck and shoulder massage as well. Neck and shoulder ache can be a result of repetitive movements or immobility. An upper back massage can work on these tense areas too.
- A back massage can also be beneficial for headaches or migraines.
- Muscle spasms that occur due to loss of mobility in your rib or thoracic joints can be worked upon and these areas can function better after a good back massage.
- In addition to relief from pain, a good back massage is also soothing and relaxing.
- It can help reduce stress, improve sleep and lead to a release of endorphins that act as natural mood boosters.
- Blood circulation gets boosted after a good massage and you are bound to notice better flexibility as well.
There are a few different types of massage therapies for the back:
- Swedish or Relaxation Massage: Medium-to-light pressure using long, soothing strokes to increase blood circulation and induce a deep sense of relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Firm manual techniques to breakdown muscular tension, increase energy flow & restore tired muscles.
- Hot Stone Massage: Invigorating hot-stone massage using heated riverbed stones full of therapeutic properties. This massage is a wonderful alternative to your normal massage routine.
Get in touch with us for more details and follow the link to Book your appointment.
How Often Should You Get a Full Body Massage?
One of the most common questions that we get at Balima is how often should one get a massage? Well, this depends on your body, your health and your lifestyle. To determine the frequency of your massages you should also consider your physical needs, pain, emotional needs and personal circumstances.
Soothe your Muscle Knots with a Deep Tissue Massage: Balima Spa in Geneva
Muscle knots, or myofascial trigger points, are quite a common phenomenon. These knots are small bumps of muscle that may appear anywhere on the body and are usually a result of muscles being irritated because of a certain repetitive motion. Athletes often have muscle knots if they train a single muscle group for a long time. As well as from workouts, a muscle knot might also be the result of sitting in an awkward position for an extended period of time, especially when you’ve not had the chance to move or take a break. It is common for tension, stress, injury or poor posture to lead to the formation of knots.