Our modern lives are another contributing factor, from sedentary desk jobs through to strenuous work or activities and heavy workouts often leading to back strain and sometimes back ache that may be ongoing.
A good back massage will usually be helpful for backache, helps alleviate pain and improves back mobility. And is a good idea anyway if nothing more than for its soothing and healing properties.
Here are some of the benefits of a good back massage:
- Lower back pain is very common nowadays with long hours spent at a desk, a particularly rigorous workout or due to incorrect posture. The back muscles tend to become tense and a good back massage is exactly the therapy you need to reduce this muscle tension and alleviate any aches and pain.
- Back massage includes neck and shoulder massage as well. Neck and shoulder ache can be a result of repetitive movements or immobility. An upper back massage can work on these tense areas too.
- A back massage can also be beneficial for headaches or migraines.
- Muscle spasms that occur due to loss of mobility in your rib or thoracic joints can be worked upon and these areas can function better after a good back massage.
- In addition to relief from pain, a good back massage is also soothing and relaxing.
- It can help reduce stress, improve sleep and lead to a release of endorphins that act as natural mood boosters.
- Blood circulation gets boosted after a good massage and you are bound to notice better flexibility as well.
There are a few different types of massage therapies for the back:
- Swedish or Relaxation Massage: Medium-to-light pressure using long, soothing strokes to increase blood circulation and induce a deep sense of relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Firm manual techniques to breakdown muscular tension, increase energy flow & restore tired muscles.
- Hot Stone Massage: Invigorating hot-stone massage using heated riverbed stones full of therapeutic properties. This massage is a wonderful alternative to your normal massage routine.
Get in touch with us for more details and follow the link to Book your appointment.
Revitalise Your Senses: Experience Luxurious Massages at Balima Spa
Embark on a journey of ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation at Balima Spa, where blissful massages and luxurious treatments await. Nestled in a serene setting, Balima Day Spa offers a haven for pampering and self-care, ensuring you leave feeling refreshed and revitalised. Once you step in, you will get to immerse yourself in the art of relaxation with Balinese massages that will transport you to a state of pure tranquillity. The skilled therapists will expertly knead away tension and stress, leaving you feeling completely at ease.
Discover the Therapeutic Benefits of Pre-Natal Massage at Balima Spa
Pre-natal massage is a specialised form of massage therapy designed specifically for pregnant women. It offers numerous therapeutic benefits that can help alleviate the discomforts and stresses associated with pregnancy. Here are a few ways in which a prenatal massage can help