Our modern lives are another contributing factor, from sedentary desk jobs through to strenuous work or activities and heavy workouts often leading to back strain and sometimes back ache that may be ongoing.
A good back massage will usually be helpful for backache, helps alleviate pain and improves back mobility. And is a good idea anyway if nothing more than for its soothing and healing properties.
Here are some of the benefits of a good back massage:
- Lower back pain is very common nowadays with long hours spent at a desk, a particularly rigorous workout or due to incorrect posture. The back muscles tend to become tense and a good back massage is exactly the therapy you need to reduce this muscle tension and alleviate any aches and pain.
- Back massage includes neck and shoulder massage as well. Neck and shoulder ache can be a result of repetitive movements or immobility. An upper back massage can work on these tense areas too.
- A back massage can also be beneficial for headaches or migraines.
- Muscle spasms that occur due to loss of mobility in your rib or thoracic joints can be worked upon and these areas can function better after a good back massage.
- In addition to relief from pain, a good back massage is also soothing and relaxing.
- It can help reduce stress, improve sleep and lead to a release of endorphins that act as natural mood boosters.
- Blood circulation gets boosted after a good massage and you are bound to notice better flexibility as well.
There are a few different types of massage therapies for the back:
- Swedish or Relaxation Massage: Medium-to-light pressure using long, soothing strokes to increase blood circulation and induce a deep sense of relaxation.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Firm manual techniques to breakdown muscular tension, increase energy flow & restore tired muscles.
- Hot Stone Massage: Invigorating hot-stone massage using heated riverbed stones full of therapeutic properties. This massage is a wonderful alternative to your normal massage routine.
Get in touch with us for more details and follow the link to Book your appointment.
The Athlete - Our Best Massage for Muscle Recovery
Strenuous activity and workouts can often lead to muscle fatigue. This muscle fatigue requires a good amount of rest and recovery for you to get back to 100%. Alongside rest and recovery, massage therapy can also offer an effective solution in overcoming muscle fatigue. Massage therapies that work specifically on the muscles with adequate amounts of pressure can reduce muscle fatigue significantly and aid in faster muscle recovery.
Special Offers on Couple’s Spa Therapies
We always say, it doesn’t have to be an anniversary or Valentine’s Day to celebrate yourself and your partner. We have some wonderful massage therapies for couples to relax, rejuvenate and spend some quality time together. And our people at Balima Day Spa leave no stone unturned to make sure that you have the best time here.