Sports competitors undergo rigorous training and hence their muscles are always overworked. As a result, athletes and players require a restorative massage to soothe and relieve such tired muscles. Sports massage therapy is known to have beneficial effects. It can be done pre- or post-performance, during training, and during rehabilitation as well.
A massage tailored to athletes focuses on the areas of the body that get worked the most.
Why is it important amongst those who partake in sports?
· Focused sports massage involves systematic manipulation of soft tissues that focus mainly on the muscles that are relevant to a particular sport.
· Sports massage helps prevent and treat injuries.
· It is effective in the correction of muscular imbalances.
· Frequent massage therapy from trained professionals can help improve joint mobility and flexibility.
· It can help improve an athlete's performance and recovery time.
· It helps to increase the range of motion.
· Any kind of massage is good for blood circulation which is beneficial for everyone.
· Helps with chronic muscular pain, injury rehabilitation, and muscle tension release.
· After tiring sessions, massage therapy helps the mind and body relax and rejuvenate well.
The Athlete is a restorative deep massage specially designed for sportspersons. This massage focuses on the glutes, thighs, calves, and feet. It is an ideal treatment for muscle recovery post-ski, cycling, running, and sports training.
We also recommend our Deep Tissue Massage for active sports players and athletes as this massage also focuses on most of the techniques that a conventional sports massage includes. For a sportsperson, a massage on a regular basis can be considered a part of your training program. At Balima Day Spa, we recommend massage therapies depending on the specific needs of our clients, ensuring they receive the perfect massage. Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
Why is Massage Therapy Important for Athletes?
Restorative deep massage of the glutes, thighs, calves, and feet. The ideal treatment to promote muscle recovery post-ski, cycling, running and sports training.
Can Deep Tissue Massage ease sciatica pain?
Deep Tissue Massage is a firm massage technique that focusses on the deeper layers of muscles, tendons and tissues, like the fascia and other supportive tissues. It involves the use of firm pressure to reach those deeper areas. Alternatively, by involving gentler, yet sustained pressure, this can effectively target the myofascial layer.