Sports competitors undergo rigorous training and hence their muscles are always overworked. As a result, athletes and players require a restorative massage to soothe and relieve such tired muscles. Sports massage therapy is known to have beneficial effects. It can be done pre- or post-performance, during training, and during rehabilitation as well.
A massage tailored to athletes focuses on the areas of the body that get worked the most.
Why is it important amongst those who partake in sports?
· Focused sports massage involves systematic manipulation of soft tissues that focus mainly on the muscles that are relevant to a particular sport.
· Sports massage helps prevent and treat injuries.
· It is effective in the correction of muscular imbalances.
· Frequent massage therapy from trained professionals can help improve joint mobility and flexibility.
· It can help improve an athlete's performance and recovery time.
· It helps to increase the range of motion.
· Any kind of massage is good for blood circulation which is beneficial for everyone.
· Helps with chronic muscular pain, injury rehabilitation, and muscle tension release.
· After tiring sessions, massage therapy helps the mind and body relax and rejuvenate well.
The Athlete is a restorative deep massage specially designed for sportspersons. This massage focuses on the glutes, thighs, calves, and feet. It is an ideal treatment for muscle recovery post-ski, cycling, running, and sports training.
We also recommend our Deep Tissue Massage for active sports players and athletes as this massage also focuses on most of the techniques that a conventional sports massage includes. For a sportsperson, a massage on a regular basis can be considered a part of your training program. At Balima Day Spa, we recommend massage therapies depending on the specific needs of our clients, ensuring they receive the perfect massage. Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
The Importance of Regular Massages for Those Who Workout
A good full body massage is known to relieve muscle stress and boosts muscle recovery after intense workouts. Nothing works better on your sore muscles than a good massage. A good full body massage reduces inflammation and helps soothe your body while at the same time boosting the healing and recovery of your muscles. If you are training rigorously, a weekly or bi-weekly massage is recommended and can help you speed up muscle recovery.
Exfoliating Body Massage
As often as we take care of and pamper our face, do we pay the same attention to our body? People use several products to help remove dead skin from face and spend time on taking care of the face, but do you put in the same effort in taking care of your body as well?