Sports competitors undergo rigorous training and hence their muscles are always overworked. As a result, athletes and players require a restorative massage to soothe and relieve such tired muscles. Sports massage therapy is known to have beneficial effects. It can be done pre- or post-performance, during training, and during rehabilitation as well.
A massage tailored to athletes focuses on the areas of the body that get worked the most.
Why is it important amongst those who partake in sports?
· Focused sports massage involves systematic manipulation of soft tissues that focus mainly on the muscles that are relevant to a particular sport.
· Sports massage helps prevent and treat injuries.
· It is effective in the correction of muscular imbalances.
· Frequent massage therapy from trained professionals can help improve joint mobility and flexibility.
· It can help improve an athlete's performance and recovery time.
· It helps to increase the range of motion.
· Any kind of massage is good for blood circulation which is beneficial for everyone.
· Helps with chronic muscular pain, injury rehabilitation, and muscle tension release.
· After tiring sessions, massage therapy helps the mind and body relax and rejuvenate well.
The Athlete is a restorative deep massage specially designed for sportspersons. This massage focuses on the glutes, thighs, calves, and feet. It is an ideal treatment for muscle recovery post-ski, cycling, running, and sports training.
We also recommend our Deep Tissue Massage for active sports players and athletes as this massage also focuses on most of the techniques that a conventional sports massage includes. For a sportsperson, a massage on a regular basis can be considered a part of your training program. At Balima Day Spa, we recommend massage therapies depending on the specific needs of our clients, ensuring they receive the perfect massage. Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
The Athlete - Our Best Massage for Muscle Recovery
Strenuous activity and workouts can often lead to muscle fatigue. This muscle fatigue requires a good amount of rest and recovery for you to get back to 100%. Alongside rest and recovery, massage therapy can also offer an effective solution in overcoming muscle fatigue. Massage therapies that work specifically on the muscles with adequate amounts of pressure can reduce muscle fatigue significantly and aid in faster muscle recovery.
Special Offers on Couple’s Spa Therapies
We always say, it doesn’t have to be an anniversary or Valentine’s Day to celebrate yourself and your partner. We have some wonderful massage therapies for couples to relax, rejuvenate and spend some quality time together. And our people at Balima Day Spa leave no stone unturned to make sure that you have the best time here.