Sports competitors undergo rigorous training and hence their muscles are always overworked. As a result, athletes and players require a restorative massage to soothe and relieve such tired muscles. Sports massage therapy is known to have beneficial effects. It can be done pre- or post-performance, during training, and during rehabilitation as well.
A massage tailored to athletes focuses on the areas of the body that get worked the most.
Why is it important amongst those who partake in sports?
· Focused sports massage involves systematic manipulation of soft tissues that focus mainly on the muscles that are relevant to a particular sport.
· Sports massage helps prevent and treat injuries.
· It is effective in the correction of muscular imbalances.
· Frequent massage therapy from trained professionals can help improve joint mobility and flexibility.
· It can help improve an athlete's performance and recovery time.
· It helps to increase the range of motion.
· Any kind of massage is good for blood circulation which is beneficial for everyone.
· Helps with chronic muscular pain, injury rehabilitation, and muscle tension release.
· After tiring sessions, massage therapy helps the mind and body relax and rejuvenate well.
The Athlete is a restorative deep massage specially designed for sportspersons. This massage focuses on the glutes, thighs, calves, and feet. It is an ideal treatment for muscle recovery post-ski, cycling, running, and sports training.
We also recommend our Deep Tissue Massage for active sports players and athletes as this massage also focuses on most of the techniques that a conventional sports massage includes. For a sportsperson, a massage on a regular basis can be considered a part of your training program. At Balima Day Spa, we recommend massage therapies depending on the specific needs of our clients, ensuring they receive the perfect massage. Get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.
On Special Offer: Mandi Lulur Massage
We have special offers available every month. This time round we have a special offer on Mandi Lulur, our signature exfoliating body scrub that is followed by a soothing massage to enrich the skin & soul.
Couples Massage with a glass of Prosecco
Missed Valentine’s day with your beau? Don’t fret, it can be hard to find the time to celebrate. However we strongly believe that it doesn’t have to be Valentine’s day to treat yourself and your partner. Whether you are arranging a late Valentine's celebration or simply planning a well-deserved surprise, indulging in a couple's massage therapy with Balima Day Spa will give you the perfect Escape for Two! Treat yourselves to our signature Balima Berdua (duo) for a relaxing experience shared with your loved one.