Foot Reflexology is a treatment that not only takes care of your feet but also positively affects other areas of your body. Foot Reflexology is essentially applying pressure to points on the feet in order to affect a physical change elsewhere on the body.
It involves the applying of pressure and is based on an understanding of zones and reflex areas that correspond to the other parts of the body. Our feet have several pressure points that work on different parts of the body.
Here is how foot reflexology can be beneficial to your body:
· Foot reflexology improves the functioning of the nerves by stimulating the nerve endings thus increasing their functioning and reactivity.
· It can improve blood circulation in the body.
· Foot reflexology can help aches and pains - usually used as a method of eliminating pain. By loosening the muscles and stimulating the blood flow, this treatment can provide immediate relief from pain. When done in the right manner, it can treat lower limp aches and pains, headaches, migraines, neck pain, lower and upper backaches etc.
· There are certain pressure points that can help alleviate depression symptoms which get worked upon during the reflexology treatment.
· Edema is common in pregnant women and is caused due to fluid retention in the feet and ankles. Foot reflexology can be beneficial to this as well.
· Reflexology Foot Massage Therapy can also help induce a state of calmness in your body. You will feel relaxed and energised after a good massage session.
So, if you still haven’t tried it yet, you must give it a try. Browse through the website for more information.
The Importance of Regular Massages for Those Who Workout
A good full body massage is known to relieve muscle stress and boosts muscle recovery after intense workouts. Nothing works better on your sore muscles than a good massage. A good full body massage reduces inflammation and helps soothe your body while at the same time boosting the healing and recovery of your muscles. If you are training rigorously, a weekly or bi-weekly massage is recommended and can help you speed up muscle recovery.
Exfoliating Body Massage
As often as we take care of and pamper our face, do we pay the same attention to our body? People use several products to help remove dead skin from face and spend time on taking care of the face, but do you put in the same effort in taking care of your body as well?