Foot Reflexology is a treatment that not only takes care of your feet but also positively affects other areas of your body. Foot Reflexology is essentially applying pressure to points on the feet in order to affect a physical change elsewhere on the body.
It involves the applying of pressure and is based on an understanding of zones and reflex areas that correspond to the other parts of the body. Our feet have several pressure points that work on different parts of the body.
Here is how foot reflexology can be beneficial to your body:
· Foot reflexology improves the functioning of the nerves by stimulating the nerve endings thus increasing their functioning and reactivity.
· It can improve blood circulation in the body.
· Foot reflexology can help aches and pains - usually used as a method of eliminating pain. By loosening the muscles and stimulating the blood flow, this treatment can provide immediate relief from pain. When done in the right manner, it can treat lower limp aches and pains, headaches, migraines, neck pain, lower and upper backaches etc.
· There are certain pressure points that can help alleviate depression symptoms which get worked upon during the reflexology treatment.
· Edema is common in pregnant women and is caused due to fluid retention in the feet and ankles. Foot reflexology can be beneficial to this as well.
· Reflexology Foot Massage Therapy can also help induce a state of calmness in your body. You will feel relaxed and energised after a good massage session.
So, if you still haven’t tried it yet, you must give it a try. Browse through the website for more information.
Safety Precautions And Hygiene Standards At Balima Spa
At Balima Day Spa we follow stringent hygiene guidelines, especially in light of the current situation. In accordance with the Swiss Federal Council directives, massage, and body treatments were made available again with reinforced hygiene measures and new safety procedures.
Prenatal Massage for Expecting Mothers
When you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy, there is nothing quite like a soothing massage to help you relax and take away the aches from your tired back and feet. While a massage can leave anyone feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, the benefits of a massage during pregnancy are twofold.