Foot massage is an absolute stress buster as it focuses on the most used and neglected area of your body - your feet!
Various benefits can come with a regular foot massage. Reflexology treatment works wonders inrelieving stress and soothing the tired muscles of the feet. In reflexology treatment, the pressure is applied to the pressure points present in the feet which are connected to various parts of the body and promote good health.
Here are some of the numerous benefits of foot massage and reflexology.
• Foot massage helps improve blood circulation. It helps in circulating oxygen to the body’s cells present in the foot, which is important for overall health.
• A good massage after a tiring day is the best way to unwind and relaxes you completely.
• It promotes peaceful sleep.
• Since the different pressure points are associated with the different parts; a foot massage can also alleviate body pain. If done by someone who has in-depth knowledge about the different points, a foot massage can release aches such as headaches, migraines, neck pain, lower and upper back pain.
• Foot massage and reflexology also help in fighting depression, and it is a mood uplifter.
• A good foot rub can help stimulate the muscles present in the feet, reduce stiffness and pain in the ankles or the heels.
• A foot massage can be beneficial during pregnancy and can help reduce the effects of edema. Edema is the swelling of the feet and ankles due to fluid retention and is a common problem faced by many during pregnancy.
• For women suffering from feelings of sadness, irritability, insomnia, bloating, fatigue, headaches and mood swings during premenstrual syndrome, a simple foot massage can be beneficial.
These are just some of the benefits of a foot massage at Balima Spa, better still, come and experience this yourself. Please browse through our website to check out our other very effective therapies as well. You can book online or buy vouchers as a thoughtful gift!
Safety Precautions And Hygiene Standards At Balima Spa
At Balima Day Spa we follow stringent hygiene guidelines, especially in light of the current situation. In accordance with the Swiss Federal Council directives, massage, and body treatments were made available again with reinforced hygiene measures and new safety procedures.
Prenatal Massage for Expecting Mothers
When you are in your second or third trimester of pregnancy, there is nothing quite like a soothing massage to help you relax and take away the aches from your tired back and feet. While a massage can leave anyone feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, the benefits of a massage during pregnancy are twofold.